Maine is known for its peaceful retreat-like atmosphere and beautiful surroundings any time of year. Maine offers something for everyone which makes it an ideal place to live and work. Consider the following four reasons to work a locum tenens assignment in Maine.
1. Maine Has So Much to Offer
Also known as “Vacationland,” the state is full of natural beauty, attractions and entertainment. Some of Maine’s most popular attractions and natural sights include boating, golfing, biking, skiing, lighthouses, antique shops, playhouses, museums and art galleries, mountains, lakes, spans of beautiful beaches, bird watching, fishing, Moose Safaris — Maine’s official state animal — hunting, brewery and winery tours, water parks, amusement parks, casinos, petting zoos and more.
Maine’s most popular attraction is the long stretches of coastline and beaches, offering open shores for visitors and residents to enjoy — this feature makes Maine’s beaches the best in New England. And don’t forget the lobster — American Lobster to be exact! Maine’s lobster is some of the best and most abundant on the east coast.
2. The Licensing Process
Here’s what you need to know about getting your license in Maine.
Licensing Information for Physicians
- The licensing process is easy and quick!
- A temporary license can be issued in four to six weeks
Licensing Information for Advanced Practice Providers
- Maine is a Nursing Licensure Compact State, making the licensing process easier if providers already have an RN license in a compact state.
- NPs can get a Maine license in five weeks
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
- If the CRNA has a compact RN and resides in a compact state, then only a Nurse Anesthetist license is needed, and the process can take 3 weeks (must be NBCRNA certified)
- If not, CRNAs can get a license in five weeks
- Can get a license in three weeks
Contact our knowledgeable licensing department for more information.
3. Huge Demand for Locum Tenens in Maine
There are always opportunities for Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers locum tenens in Maine. Once you obtain a license you can spend time looking for an assignment that fits your lifestyle and schedule.
4. VISTA’s Strong Relationship With Maine
VISTA loves Maine and has been the exclusive provider of physician locum tenens and permanent providers for members of the Maine Hospital Association’s Associated Health Resources since 2004. Hundreds of physicians and advanced practice providers have worked locum tenens in Maine and reported high levels of satisfaction. In addition, hospitals in Maine have also provided positive feedback regarding VISTA providers when surveyed.
Opportunities in Maine are plenty for locum tenens providers. Contact VISTA today to explore your options.