Note: This is the third installment in a seven-part series on best practices in physician executive recruiting. To download the entire document, click here, or call Kurt Scott at 800-366-1884 to request a printed copy.
Creating a “resource compendium”
The hiring manager should begin compiling a resource compendium outlining all the information about the job and department the candidate will lead.The compendium will include such things as:
- Organizational chart(s)
- List of personnel (doctors, mid-levels, nurses, administration, and support staff)
- Copies of staff CVs
- Full outline of services provided, programs offered, etc.
- Special procedures offered
- Special equipment
- Hours of operation
- Budget reports
- Revenue reports
- Square footage and layout
- Opportunities for growth
- Challenges or roadblocks
- Research activities
- Educational opportunities
- Department turnover and recruitment activities
Start this process early.It may take a month or two to complete. Check back next month for Part IV, The Screening Process, or go tohttp://www.vistastaff.com/facilities/services/search/locumtenens to download the complete document.